Severe storms with heavy rain and flooding have caused power outages across Sydney, the Central Coast and Newcastle to more than 140,000 customers.
More than 30,000 customers since yesterday have had their power restored, however the storm devastation has continued to bring down powerlines and connections into the early hours of this morning.
Ausgrid reports some of the locations of impacted customers impacted include (but are not limited to):
- Sydney north approximately 45,000
- Central Coast approximately 30,000
- Northern Beaches approximately 12,000
- Eastern suburbs approximately 6,500
- South and South West Sydney approximately 18,500
- Newcastle approximately 500
Find out more
The strong rains and wind have caused more than 3000 hazards to the electricity network such as fallen power poles, large trees across roads, damaged wires and extensive flash flooding.
Ausgrid crews will continue to work today to make these areas safe as a first priority and restore power. Customers need to be prepared that they may be without power for a number of days.