Outages & Connection Issues

Lost power? Let’s step through our troubleshoot guide to get you back connected, ASAP.

Has your circuit tripped?

First, have you checked your circuit breakers? Have they ‘tripped’?

Typically, in your apartment, your circuit breakers (what used to be called a ‘fuse’) are located in a box or recessed box in a wall or cupboard. This box is usually in one of the bedrooms behind a door, in a wardrobe, in the hall or (until recently) above the fridge. It may be painted the same colour as the wall. If you are in a townhouse or other building, it is typically in a utility room or your garage.

All circuit breakers should be in the ‘up’ position. If not, then one or more has ‘tripped’.

First, we recommend you turn off excess power usage (in particular things like kettles, heaters, dryers) that could be causing the power to trip. Please do not touch any electricals or circuit breakers in your home without assessing first if there is any danger.

Then, manually reset your circuit breaker by flicking it up to the normal ‘up’ position.

If the circuit breaker continues to trip, and you can’t isolate an appliance that is causing it to happen, we suggest that you call your Building Manager or Strata agent.

I am not sure if I’ve signed up yet. What do I do?

Have you signed up for an account with Energy Trade?

If you have not yet created an account online: All you need is your address and unit number. You can get connected quickly online Customer Portal then select ‘Get Connected’  or call our friendly Customer Service team on 1300 001 255 8.30am to 6pm Monday to Friday.

If you are connected, you need to check your circuit breakers or if there is an outage.

I’ve tried the above and I still don’t have electricity or gas. Help!

Give our Australian-based Customer Service team a call on 1300 001 255 between 8:30am-6:00pm Monday to Friday AEST. We just need your address and apartment number and we’ll see what we can do to help, or may send a technician.

After hours? No problem, we’ve got you covered. Call our after-hours emergency line, 1300 864 934 and our team will be able to assist with your enquiry.

Is there an outage in your area?

We unfortunately don’t control power outages in your area (for example, this might be caused by wires going down, storms, extreme weather, or even scheduled maintenance etc). But hopefully we can give some tips that can help.

First, you need to know who your distributor is. If you don’t know, then try entering your postcode into distributors in your state, to see who you are with. We recommend the easiest and fastest way is to check online.

Check Online Call
New South Wales
Ausgrid Click here 131 888
Endeavour Energy Click here 131 003
Essential Energy Click here 132 080
Jemena (for gas) Click here 131 909
Energex Click here 13 62 62
Ergon Energy Click here 13 22 96
Essential Energy Click here 132 080
Evoenergy Click here 131 093
Ergon Energy Click here 132 080
Powercore / Citipower Click here 132 412
Austnet Services Click here 131 799
Jemena Click here 131 909
United Energy Click here 132 099

I don’t have gas or hot water. How do I turn it on?

Firstly, please ensure all gas appliances are turned off inside the apartment to prevent any gas leaks.

Next, make sure you are signed up to Energy Trade Customer Portal and that Energy Trade provides gas and hot water to your community. You can check your Welcome Letter that we emailed and/or mailed to you.

If you know you’re connected with Energy Trade, you will need to contact your Building Manager, Strata Manager or Rental (Leasing) Agent so that they can check the building’s hydraulics or gas/hot water cupboard to arrange someone to check or service your gas isolation valve.

If you still can’t find a resolution, please call our Australian-based Customer Service team on 1300 001 255 between 8:30am-6:00pm Monday to Friday AEST. If it is an emergency, you can also reach our emergency after-hours team on 1300 864 934.

Need to talk energy?
Get in touch with us today

Contact us 1300 001 255