Here is some information about:
How Energy Trade is working to support and serve our customers
How we’re providing assistance to customers who have lost their job or business
What customers who are thankfully unaffected can do to help
We’re maintaining a high level of customer service
- We’re following all Government guidelines and advice. Our team is back in the office and is taking extra precautions with hygiene and following social distancing rules.
- We’re ensuring ongoing service. As an essential service, we will continue to provide you with uninterrupted customer service. Our team is 100% Australian-based, right here in Sydney. You may be on hold a little longer than normal but please don’t worry, we are committed to helping all our customers that need it. If you prefer not wait on the phone you can still reach us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Have you lost your job or has your business been impacted?
We are sorry to hear this. We’re a growing business too and we understand how hard this situation is.
If you’ve been impacted financially, if you’ve lost your job, or if your business has shut down temporarily or permanently, please let us know. Send us an email with the subject line ‘COVID-19’ to email@example.com to tell us what has happened.
Please include some confirmation to support this (e.g. a redundancy letter from your employer or if you’re a business then some sort of announcement about your closure) so we can prioritise the request.
Once we have received your information, here’s what we can do:
- Offer payment plans and hardship program assistance. If you need extra help, we’ll offer you a new or amended payment plan and/or add you to our Hardship Program. This program is designed to guide us at times like this. You can view our Hardship Policy here.
- Keep you connected. We’ll make sure you have power for your needs during this difficult time.
- Help for life support customers. If you’re an existing life support customer, we’ll continue to provide you with the appropriate support. If you haven’t already, please ensure you send us your medical confirmation form so we can keep our records up to date. If you’re a new life support user and have not registered your life support requirement with Energy Trade please do so. You can read more about life support here.
- Help for life business customers. If you are a business customer of Energy Trade and your business is closed, we can close the account so you do not incur further charges. We will waive any associated disconnection or reconnection fees.
Remember that emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org will help us to ‘smooth out’ the flow of requests and calls and mean we can keep our service performance strong.
Are you financially unaffected by Covid-19?
We’re happy to hear that! Here are a few things that you could do that would make a big difference:
- Keep up to date with your payments. We’ll be providing extra support to customers who have lost their job or their business. This puts a lot of pressure on us as a growing business, so regular payments from customers less affected by the crisis is really appreciated.
- Access your account online 24/7 Visit My Account to track energy usage, view and pay bills. Our customer portal also has handy tools to help resolve your queries.
- Check our help and FAQs before calling. Got a question? Head to our help and FAQs for answers to questions we’re asked the most.
- If it’s not urgent, email us before you call. We’re getting quite a lot of calls from customers whose circumstances have changed. We’re still here to support all our customers but if you don’t need us urgently, please email us at email@example.com or visit My Account .
- Avoid bill shock. . Direct Debit customers can now also set up SteadyPay™ for added flexibility to make small, manageable payments every week or fortnight to cover your next bill.
As the effects of the pandemic continue to evolve, we will keep you updated on any changes. As always, if there is anything we can do, please let us know.
Take care and stay safe,
The Energy Trade team