Here is some information about:
How Energy Trade is working to support and serve our customers
How we’re providing assistance to customers who are in financial stress as a result of COVID-19
We’re maintaining a high level of customer service
- We’re following all Government guidelines and advice.
- We’re ensuring ongoing service. As an essential service, we will continue to provide you with uninterrupted customer service. If you prefer not wait on the phone you can still reach us via email at [email protected]
Are you in financial stress as a result of COVID-19?
We are sorry to hear this. We’re a growing business too and we understand how hard this situation is.
If you’ve been impacted financially, please let us know. Send us an email with the subject line ‘COVID-19’ to [email protected] to tell us what has happened.
Please include some confirmation to support this (e.g. a redundancy letter from your employer or if you’re a business then some sort of announcement about your closure) so we can prioritise the request.
Once we have received your information, here’s what we can do:
- Offer payment plans and hardship program assistance. If you need extra help, we’ll offer you a new or amended payment plan and/or add you to our Hardship Program. This program is designed to guide us at times like this. You can view our Hardship Policy here.
- Keep you connected. We’ll make sure you have power for your needs during this difficult time.
- Help for life support customers. If you’re an existing life support customer, we’ll continue to provide you with the appropriate support. If you haven’t already, please ensure you send us your medical confirmation form so we can keep our records up to date. If you’re a new life support user and have not registered your life support requirement with Energy Trade please do so. You can read more about life support here.
- Help for business customers. If you are a business customer of Energy Trade and your business is closed, we can close the account so you do not incur further charges. We will waive any associated disconnection or reconnection fees.
As the effects of the pandemic continue to evolve, we will keep you updated on any changes. As always, if there is anything we can do, please let us know.
Take care and stay safe,
The Energy Trade team