Here is some information about:
How Energy Trade is working to support and serve our customers
How we’re providing assistance to customers who have lost their job or business
What customers who are thankfully unaffected can do to help
We’re maintaining a high level of customer service
- We’re following all Government guidelines and advice.. we are all working from home. This includes practicing extra hygiene precautions and following social distancing rules.
- We’re self-isolating.. every member in our team is working remotely and has been for 2 weeks now! Thanks to technology and our IT team, we were able to do this quickly. We are classed as an essential service, so will continue to provide you with uninterrupted customer service. Our team is 100% Australian-based (here in Sydney, on the Northern Beaches). If the wait time is little longer than normal, please don’t worry, we will get to you as soon as we can.
- We’re here to support you.. the Energy Trade team remains fighting fit and available to support our customers and the community.
Have you lost your job or has your business been impacted?
We are sorry to hear this. We’re a growing business too and we understand how hard this situation is. Here are some things that we can both do that will help.
If you’ve been impacted financially and lost your job, or your business has shut down temporarily or permanently, please let us know. If you’re business is closed, please inform us as we can close the account so you do not incur charges. Please include some confirmation to support this (e.g. a redundancy letter from your employer or if you’re a business then some sort of announcement about your closure) so we can prioritise you. Send us an email with the subject line ‘COVID-19’ to email@example.com to tell us what’s happened.
Once we have received your information, here’s what we will do:
- Offer payment plans and hardship program assistance. If you need extra help, we’ll offer you a new or amended payment plan and/or add you to our Hardship Program. This program is designed to guide us at times like this.
- Keep you connected. We’ll make sure you have power for your needs during this difficult time.
- Help for life support customers. If you’re an existing or new life support customer, we’ll continue to provide you with the appropriate support but please remember to send us the documentation we need when you first notify us of this.
Remember that emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org will help us to ‘smooth out’ the flow of requests and calls and mean we can keep our service performance strong.
Are you financially unaffected by Covid-19?
We’re happy to hear that! Here are a few things that you could do that would make a big difference:
- Keep up to date with your payments. We’ll be providing extra support to customers who have lost their job or their business. This puts a lot of pressure on us as a growing business, so regular payments from customers with jobs is really appreciated.
- Manage your account online, if possible. Visit energytrade.com.au/myaccount. Our customer portal has a lot of tools that can help you resolve queries yourself.
- Check our help and FAQ’s before calling. Got a question that we may have already written the answer to? Check out our help and FAQs for answers to things we’re often asked.
- Email us before you call or check out the customer portal. We’re getting quite a lot of calls from customers whose circumstances have changed. If you don’t need us urgently, please email us at email@example.com or visit energytrade.com.au/myaccount.
- Pay online. Please do this online, or if you need to make a payment on your account, please do that online. Keeping payments up to date makes the world of difference to growing companies such as ours.
As the situation continues to unfold, we will keep you updated on any changes. As always, if there is anything we can do, please let us know.
Take care and stay safe,
The Energy Trade team